We believe that children benefit most from pre-school education and care when parents and pre-schools work together in partnership.
· To support parents as their children's first and most important educators.
· To involve parents in the life of the pre-school and their children's education.
· To support parents in their own continuing education and personal development.
In order to fulfil these aims:
· we are committed to ongoing dialogue with parents to improve our knowledge of the needs of their children and to support their families;
· through access to written information and through regular informal communication, we inform all parents about how the group is run and its policies. We check to ensure parents understand the information which is given to them;
· we inform all parents on a regular basis about their children's progress;
· we involve parents in the shared record keeping about their children - either formally or informally - and ensure parents have access to their children's written records;
· we welcome opportunities for parents to contribute their own skills, knowledge and interests to the activities of the group;
· we inform parents about relevant conferences, workshops and training;
· we consult with parents about the times of meetings to avoid excluding anyone;
· we provide information about opportunities for being involved in the pre-school in ways which are accessible to parents with basic skills needs, or those for whom English is an additional language;
· we hold meetings in venues which are accessible and appropriate for all;
· we welcome the contributions of parents, in whatever form these may take;
· we inform all parents of the systems for registering queries, complaints or suggestions and check to ensure these are understood. All parents have access to our written complaints procedure; and
· we provide opportunities for parents to learn about the pre-school curriculum and about young children's learning, in the pre-school and at home.
In compliance with the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage the following documentation is in place:
· admissions policy;
· complaints procedure;
· record of complaints; and
· activities provided for children.
policy was adopted at a meeting of