In the event that a child is not collected by an authorised adult at the end of a pre-school session/day, Winyates Playgroup puts into practice agreed procedures. These ensure the child is cared for safely by an experienced and qualified practitioner who is known to the child.
In the event that a child is not collected by an authorised adult, we will ensure that the child receives a high standard of care in order to cause as little distress as possible. We inform parents/carers of our procedures so that, if they are unavoidably delayed, they will be reassured that their children will be properly cared for.
1. Parents of children starting at the pre-school are asked to provide specific information which is recorded on our Registration Form, including:
2. On occasions when parents are aware that they will not be at home or in their usual place of work, they record how they can be contacted on our signing in/out Sheet.
3. On occasions when the regular parents or the persons normally authorised to collect the child are not able to collect the child, we must be advised of the substituting person, verbally and in our signing in/out sheet. We agree with parents how the identification of the person who is to collect their child will be verified.
4. If a person other than the parent or the persons normally authorised to collect the child arrives to collect a child we will always contact the parent for agreement to release the child to the collecting persons care. If contact and agreement cannot be achieved the child will not be released and will be held pending arrival of the parent or the persons normally authorised to collect the child, and/or we will apply our child protection procedures as set out in our child protection policy.
5. Parents are informed that if they are not able to collect the child as planned, they must inform us so that we can begin to take back-up procedures. We provide parents with our contact telephone number. We also inform parents that - in the event that their children are not collected from pre-school by an authorised adult and the staff can no longer supervise the child in our premises - we apply our child protection procedures as set out in our child protection policy.
6. If a child is not collected at the end of the session/day, we follow the following procedures:
This policy was originally adopted at a meeting of Winyates Playgroup Pre-school
Held on (date)