It is our intention to respect the privacy of children and their parents and carers, while ensuring that they access high quality pre-school care and education.
We aim to ensure that all parents and carers can share their information in the confidence that it will only be used to enhance the welfare of their children.
To ensure that all those using - and working in - the pre-school can do so with confidence, we respect confidentiality in the following ways.
· All information related to the child and parents/guardians is obtained, processed and retained in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
· Parents have ready access to the files and records of their own children but do not have access to information about any other child.
· Staff will not discuss personal information given by parents with other members of staff, except where it affects planning for the child's needs. Staff induction includes an awareness of the importance of confidentiality in the role of the key person.
· Any concerns/evidence relating to a child's personal safety are kept in a secure, confidential file and are shared with as few people as possible on a "need-to-know" basis.
· Personal information about children, families and staff is kept securely in a lockable file whilst remaining as accessible as possible.
· Issues to do with the employment of staff, whether paid or unpaid, remain confidential to the people directly involved with making personnel decisions.
· Students on Pre-school Learning Alliance or other recognised qualifications and training, when they are observing in the pre-school, are advised of our confidentiality policy and required to respect it.
· The GDPR sets out seven key principles:
o Lawfulness, fairness and transparency
o Purpose limitation
o Data minimisation
o Storage limitation
o Integrity and confidentiality (security)
All the undertakings above are subject to the paramount commitment of the pre-school, which is to the safety and well-being of the child.
Please see also our policy on child protection.
Please also see our Privacy Notices on how your personal data is used.
Held on (date)