We want children to feel safe, stimulated and happy in the pre-school and to feel secure and comfortable with staff. We also want parents to have confidence in both their children's well being and their role as active partners with the pre-school.
We aim to make the pre-school a welcome place where children settle quickly and easily because consideration has been given to the individual needs and circumstances of children and their families.
· Before a child starts to attend the pre-school, we use a variety of ways to provide his/her parents with information. These include written information (including our prospectus and policies), displays about pre-school activities and individual meetings with parents.
· During the half-term before a child is enrolled, we provide opportunities for the child and his/her parents to visit the pre-school.
· When a child starts to attend, we work with his/her parents to decide on the best way to help the child to settle into the pre-school.
· Members of staff welcome and look after the child and his/her parents at the child's first session.
· The first session at which a child attends we explain and complete with his/her parents the child's registration records.
· We discuss the Learning Journals, Transfer to School document, explaining how we monitor and assess their childs progress. Explaining how the form will transfer to the next setting and how it will follow them into school.
· We aim within the first four weeks of starting to discuss and work with the child's parents to create their child's record of achievement.
· It is the policy of Winyates Playgroup to observe and record progress of each child through staff observations. Each member of staff is allocated specific children in order to maintain progress monitoring.
policy was adopted at a meeting of
Held on (date)