Health and Safety
If your child has sickness and/or diarrhoea please leave 48 hours after recovery before sending them back to Playgroup.
Please use the right gate (the IN gate) on entering and the OUT gate on departing. This is so we can protect your child from not getting lost.
Please inform us when ANYONE DIFFERENT is picking up your child, or if you are going to be late. Please keep the playgroup up to date on current contact details.
As we only have limited space in the reception area we cannot accommodate bikes, pushchairs etc.
Please remember to sign the medication book if you want nappy cream or medication used in playgroup.
We are still promoting Healthy Eating in the group, by providing fresh fruit daily. Please support us by encouraging healthier options within your child packed lunches. No sweets or chocolates please. Please wrap food in food bags, foil or cling film. The leftover food is wrapped up and sent home so you know what your child has eaten. Please supply your child with adequate drinks, they are allowed one third of a pint of milk free per day. We provide water if your child’s drink has run out. If your child is at playgroup all day, make sure the packed lunch has an ice block in it. Spoons for yoghurts will be provided. Could you please peel, cut up pieces of fruit and halve grapes, so they are ready for your children to eat. As you can understand that most days there are 26 children for lunch. Thank you.
We invite you to make use of our ‘Comments’ book. Your views and ideas are always welcome. Also please feel free to discuss any problems or queries with a member of staff. We have had good feed back about putting the coat and lunch box trolleys outside after group; it has reduced congestion in the reception.
Fees must be paid on a weekly basis.
Please name all Dummies, lunch boxes, flasks and coats. Please supply Nappies and wipes, if your child is not toilet trained. Please put your child in suitable clothing, especially for outside play. Toys from home to be placed in orange tug.
On the last afternoon of 21st July there will be a school leaver’s presentation with a special visit from Teddy to present the children who are going to school, with their bookstart packs.
You are always welcome to view your child’s journal and discuss your child’s/children’s progress. Would any parent like us to set up a parent evening to discuss your child’s progress?
Could you make sure all contact numbers are up to date, also please could we have an alternative contact number we could contact if there had been an incident. Our policy is if a child has been left after 1 hour and no contact with parents has been established the local police will be informed. Also, regular lateness is going to be charged for by every 15 minutes. We close at 2.50pm.
We are closed after session on Friday 21st July and return Wednesday 6th September 2017.
Could you please inform us about absences and keep us up to date with contact details.
30 Hours and tax free Childcare
From September 2017 parent who meet the following criteria will be able to get 30 hours free childcare.
• A child qualifies for free childcare if they are resident in England and under compulsory school age, and -
– Both parents are working (or the sole parent is working in a lone parent family), and
– Each parent earns, on average, a weekly minimum equivalent to 16 hours at National Minimum Wage (NMW) or national living wage (NLW); and
– Each parent earns less than £100,000 per year.
• Foster carers are not eligible for the extended entitlement for the children that they foster.
• Families where one parent does not work will not usually be eligible, however the Extended Entitlement will be available when: -
– Both parents are employed but one (or both) is temporarily away from work on Parental/maternity/ paternity or adoption leave
– Both parents are employed but one (or both) is temporarily away from work on Statutory Sick Pay.
Apply on www.childcarechoices.gov.uk for your Voucher code.